Blue Key New Life Member Registration Spreadsheet
Petition for Honorary Members
Petition for Student Members
Procedure for New Member Registration
Step 1. The chapter has identified the group of individuals who will become potential nominees for Blue Key Honor Society membership.
Step 2. As a convenience and possible enhancement for the local chapter’s screening, nomination and selection of new member process, a fill-in petition form is available above.
- Each candidate for membership can complete the fill-in petition form for on-campus use.
- Students shall click on the Student Petition Form. Honorary candidates shall use the Honorary Petition Form.
- Key in the requested personal information while on-line. Provide full legal name, No nick names are appropriate on a legal document.
- Print the completed form.
- Save it on your computer or keep a printed copy for your own files.
- Sign the form to certify that information is accurate.
- Submit the form to the local chapter President or Advisor.
NOTE: The Life Member Blue Key registration fee (dues) is $65.00 per individual (student and honorary).
Step 3. Completing the New Life Member Registration Form located above.
- An appropriate Chapter Officer, Advisor or designated administrator shall download a copy of the New Life Member Registration Form (spreadsheet requesting full legal name, hometown, email address, telephone number and GPA).
- The full legal names of nominees shall be listed in alphabetical order by last name on the excel spreadsheet. No nicknames!
Step 4. Group Payment: An appropriate chapter representative shall make one payment to Blue Key Honor Society for the entire sum of the new class.
Two Payment Options:
1. Payment by Check. Mail one check made out to Blue Key Honor Society for the full amount to the following address:
Danny Buckalew, Executive Director
Blue Key Honor Society
The University of West Alabama
101 College Drive, Station 61
Livingston, AL 35470
2. Payment by PayPal.
Note: The National Office prefers mailing these items to the Blue Key Advisor’s office because campus mail to departments does not normally get folded or bent to fit in small postal or home mailboxes. This avoids possible bending and creasing of the certificates during handling.
Note: The induction ceremony shall include the distribution of certificates and pins to the new members of Blue Key in a sincere and ceremonial manner.
Note: Using legible handwriting, members shall sign the chapter’s Blue Key Register. Each chapter shall maintain a signed registry of its members.
Note: Chapters are expected to select new Blue Key members at least once a year. A number of chapter refresh by selecting new members early in both the Fall and Spring semesters. There is no upper limit regarding the size of a Blue Key chapter. The recommended minimum is 20-25 members to have an impact on campus. Exceptions do exist.